Friday, November 29, 2013

How to Tame a Wild Tongue

                     How to Tame a Wild Tongue by Gloria Anzaldúa  is a story I connected to, but in a different way. Unlike the protagonist, speaking my language at school was a welcomed change from mainly white high school. Actually most of the school was Russian speaking, so being able to talk in Urdu with a few students was comforting. My friend and I could talk about people and no one would know what we were talking about. People were not offended by it, actually they would ask us to teach them some words. It was almost always curses. 
                 It's interesting to see how people have evolved, becoming more accepting towards others. Not to say that there isn't criticism still today, but it's a lot better than before. Especially where I love right now, my family and I never had any problems . I sincerely believe as generations continue people are going to learn to be more accepting to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment